What is Website Engagement?
Does it meant that a website that is going to get married ? Of course not….
It actually meant that the response of your website’s visitor after they had read the content in your post. It is normally shown by either they agreed and found it interesting by subscribing or replying a comment or they disagree with your content and left a comment based on their perspective.
With all these comments from your visitors, it is then your role as the blog owner to tackle them with your convincing answer to let them or the other visitors to gain more trust to your web.
Both the above explains your engagement and your visitors’ engagement.
Why is both you and your visitors’ engagement important ?
Below are few of the points that I would like to highlight:
1) Shows that your blog/web are still alive – if you have comments and reply on-going in your blog, it makes visitors feel that the content in your blog are still hot. Of course, these reply and comments shown in your web should be in recent date instead of 3-4 years ago.
2) Opinion sharing among you and visitors – During the past, you might only be reading pages and pages of contents in the internet without knowing are there anyone else who had read the same pages as you and what do they think about the content. Most of the time, reading the comment will end up leading you to sign up with the offer of the particular blog.
3) Better search engine ranking – Although many bloggers or web owners are still using keywords to get a better ranking in the search engine, but the major update in Google search engine also now factored visitor engagement like how long they stay on your site and bounce rate. After this major update, some of the less engaging website found out that their organic traffic from the search engine had a significant drop.
4) Improvements to the your website – with feedbacks from the visitors, you will gain tips and knowledge on optimizing your posts or figuring out what to write about in your next posts. Instead of performing blindly, you might get to know what content your visitors are expecting from you.
These are the few points that I am able to list out and any of you out there if you have any points you would like to share, please feel free to do so in the comment area below this page.
How to increase visitor engagement for your website?
Now that we had seen thru how important it is to have active website engagement, we need to know also how do we do it and what should you do to your website in order for your visitors to interact with you throughout your web.
1) Clear and Neat theme of your site – where your visitors easily can reply to your post. For example, the comment area should be put somewhere at the bottom of the page as after your visitors had read thru your content, it is also the time they had reached the bottom of your page. Putting it somewhere at the right or left makes them have to find for the comment box and might end up leaving without commenting anything.
2) Write your post like the way you are talking directly to your visitors – ask them is there opinion to share after reading your content.
3) Increase your engagement frequency – reply to each of your visitors comment fast. Not to wait for few weeks or months only reply as other readers might think that the blog is not active anymore.
What I had shared above are actually very brief, for those new or intermediate blogger who would like to learn more, I would like to recommend you the Wealthy Affiliate University. They have hundreds of thousands of members sharing knowledge of building a successful website or blog. Other than that, they have step by step guide and video guidance available to guide you from zero. Maybe if you have time, you may want to read a review that I had wrote about Wealthy Affiliate here.